Repositório Digital

A- A A+

Avaliação de tromboembolismo em pós-operatório da cirurgia do labirinto (Cox-Maze) para fibrilação atrial crônica secundária a lesão mitral

.

Avaliação de tromboembolismo em pós-operatório da cirurgia do labirinto (Cox-Maze) para fibrilação atrial crônica secundária a lesão mitral

Mostrar registro completo

Estatísticas

Título Avaliação de tromboembolismo em pós-operatório da cirurgia do labirinto (Cox-Maze) para fibrilação atrial crônica secundária a lesão mitral
Outro título Assessment of thromboembolism after the cox-maze prcedure for chronic atrial fibrillation secondary to mitral valve lesion
Autor Kalil, Renato Abdala Karam
Nesralla, Paula L. M.
Lima, Gustavo Glotz de
Leiria, Tiago Luiz Luz
Abrahao, Rogerio
Moreno, Paulo Lavaniere de Azevedo
Prates, Paulo Roberto Lunardi
Sant'Anna, João Ricardo Michielin
Nesralla, Ivo Abrahao
Abstract Objective – To assess the occurrence of late thromboembolism after surgical repair of chronic atrial fibrillation (AF) simultaneously with repair of mitral valve using the Cox-Maze procedure. Methods – 69 patients underwent Cox 3 procedure, with no cryoablation simultaneously with mitral valvuloplasty or prosthesis. Mean age was 49.9±13.2 years. Mean follow-up was of 31.7±19 months. Types of lesion were as follows: 33 (48%) stenoses, 23 (33%) insufficiencies, and 13 (19%) double lesions. Procedures were: 64 (93%) valvuloplasties, 3 (4%) biological and 2 ( 3%) mechanical prosthesis placement. There were 9 (13%) patients with previous systemic embolism and 2 ( 3%) had left atrial thrombi. Results – Early mortality was 7% and late 1%. 2 patients ( 3%) were reoperated for mitral placement. At last evaluation, 10 patients (15%), were in AF. The remaining 59 (85%) were either in sinus / atrial rythm (74%) or under pacing (12%). There were no occurrence of early or late, systemic or pulmonary embolism. Permanent anticoagulation was employed in 16 cases, 10 in regular rythm and 6 in AF. The remaining 47 (75%), 2 in AF and 45 in regular rythm, did not receive anticoagulants. Conclusions – These results are in accordance with others series, where the occurrence of embolism was rare after maze procedure. Permanent systemic anticoagulation seems to be unnecessary in those cases.
Contido em Arquivos brasileiros de cardiologia. São Paulo. Vol. 78, n. 4 (abr. 2002), p. 374-377
Assunto Fibrilação atrial
Tromboembolismo
Valva mitral : Cirurgia
[en] Atrial fibrillation
[en] Mitral valve surgery
[en] Thromboembolism
Origem Nacional
Tipo Artigo de periódico
URI http://hdl.handle.net/10183/19774
Arquivos Descrição Formato
000408540.pdf (451.1Kb) Texto completo (inglês) Adobe PDF Visualizar/abrir

Este item está licenciado na Creative Commons License

Este item aparece na(s) seguinte(s) coleção(ões)


Mostrar registro completo

Percorrer



  • O autor é titular dos direitos autorais dos documentos disponíveis neste repositório e é vedada, nos termos da lei, a comercialização de qualquer espécie sem sua autorização prévia.
    Projeto gráfico elaborado pelo Caixola - Clube de Criação Fabico/UFRGS Powered by DSpace software, Version 1.8.1.